Sunday 10 March 2013

Something Gorjus



Today I thought I would do something a bit different and ended up getting very inky but had a great time.

I had recently purchased some of the latest Gorjus range from Docrafts. The images are great for steampunk type looks.

To help me along the way I had the latest edition of the Docrafts Creativity magazine which is full with some stunning ideas. The first was reusing old cotton/ribbon reels to create a stunning 3 layer artwork.


So here she is.........I had no empty ribbon reels about so made my own using several layers of card in different sizes and then used small wooden cotton reels to build up the layers. The image is from the 6X6 paper pack..this is great as it has all of the stunning papers but also contains images on the packaging for you to use.
The big flowers were made from papers coated grunge paper and a Tim Holtz flower die. I used black soot and red brink in pads to colour the card and flowers.

Side view


I used the small buttons that were free with the magazine and some gunmetal embellishments and charms with paper flowers to finish


The next project was decorating some paper mache boxes which i had lying around in my crafty stash. I painted both boxes 1st with acrylic paint and left to dry.

 For the large purple box I used one of the small decoupage images . I used some of the papers from the 6x6 paper pack and added a few extras from my crafty stash including brass corners and embellishments.

The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz range of tickets.






The blue box was made very much in the same way but just on a slightly smaller scale.


Well thats another days crafting and it was great to do something different for  a change. Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting. Cathy xxx

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely Cathy! I love the box and the images are gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete