Saturday 9 June 2012

Time to Embellish

The wonderful people at Crafters companion are running a blog challenge this month with the theme of "Time to Embellish". So I thought I would get to work and make a card to enter the challenge with the chance of winning some vouchers to spend on the Crafters Companion website which is very easily done.





My 1st entry

The card I made used some papers from my paper stash all mounted onto coordinations which I sanded to add some texture. Then using a piece of Neenah card and some faded jeans distress ink I inked the edges of the card and then sprayed with Sheena Douglas's Luminarte ink sprays in blue and green.

Once dry I stamped on the swirl ,which is one of Sheena Douglas's stamps,with versamark and then embossed using Crafters Companion Gold Twinkle embossing powder. This was then mounted onto coordinations card.

To make the flowers I used my trusty Cuttlebug and big scalloped circles dies from spellbinders and some of the matching papers and cut out and embossed them and then added  a button to finish. The swirls are made using coordination's card and a Sizix die. The final touches were some blue sparkly gems and some brown twine that I pinched from my hubbys gardening shed..oops.

Wish me luck xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment