Friday 17 February 2012

Thank god its Friday

Well what a long week it seems to have been...I cant get used to been stuck at home and will be glad when I am well enough to return to work. Must not moan as it does give me loads of time to do my crafting but also time to be watching Create and Craft.TV and end up spending..lol




Last night I finally got round to making up one of the stunning jewellery kits that I won from Beaders Companion. If you have never tried jewellery making but fancy giving it a go this is a great place to start. The kit contains everything you need to make a necklace, earrings and a matching bracelet. The instructions are clear and easy to understand so why not give it a go.......

Jewellery set number 1 from my prize from Beaders Companion


This morning I had my 1st real play with the wonderful new CD from Sheena Douglass. Yesterday I had already applied one of the transfer sheets onto a mount board shape and left it to dry overnight so this morning the fun started and I carefully removed the backing and hay presto the result was great despite the fact that I had used a satin paint and not emulsion as advised but it worked!! The transfer sheets are great..it is really difficult to tell if i had painted it by hand and I can see that anything that is not nailed down will be painted  and transfers applied..


I then had the task of selecting which stunning papers, sentiments and topers to choose from the CD. There are so may to choose from and I was like a kid in a sweet shop....


I finally settled on the burgundy coloured distressed papers in 2 designs and some of the toppers to match the design on the mount board. Everything was matted and layered onto Coordinations card, I applied Crystal Lacquer to the embellishments and this is the result:


1st attempt at Paint Fusion from Sheena Douglass

4 comments:

  1. What a coincidence Cathy I,ve just bought them too and am dying to try them,love what you,ve done !it,s fab ,I,ll be looking around for things to do ,don,t really want to use for cards ,maybe boxes or wall hangings ,will see what comes up !well done .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a talented lady you are Cathy....the results are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, I'm beginning to wish I had bought them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paint fusion card Cathy, your right you cant tell if you have painted it or used a transfer. I've been playing tonight too with my new fusion set, I just love it!
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete