Thursday 16 February 2012

Something Totally Different

Well my day got off to a very start as I was one of the lucky winners of a signed copy of the wonderful Leanne Chivers colouring DVD!!! Cant wait for it to arrive to find out where I have been going wrong with my colouring...lol

Now to todays project number 1:

After looking at all the wonderful images in the Sheena Douglass CD I decided to do something completely different and very masculine and here is the result:

I wanted to use some old style paper but the pads were so expensive and I found some old engineering books that my hubby had so I photocopied them onto cream textured paper and that created the top section of the card. I used some distress ink around the edges to tone it in with the bottom section.The bottom section is using one of the backing papers off Sheenas new CD and also one of the sentiments that I inked up and then embossed with clear embossing powder.

The cogs and tabs were made using Tim Holtz grunge paper and the Tim Holtz dies, these were then inked with distress inks and clear embossing powder applied to add texture. The tabs were then held together with a little jump ring from my Beading stash.

I am pleased with the end result despite get covered in ink and embossing powder..lol



Now to Project number 2 :

This is just a plain and simple card made just using shades of blue ! This is to be entered into Emmas Cards Crafty Challange.

Well when you mention blue I instantly thought of Baby Humphrey who I have used in the past in all different colours, so out he came and this is the finished result:

Shades of blue

I stamped the image onto Neenah card using Memento ink and then coloured using my promarkers.
I used Coordinations for the base layer and then the sentiment was from the stamp plate "new Baby" from Crafters Companion. I added a few blue buttons to finish.

1 comment:

  1. great card Cath, thanks for entering my Crafty Challenge, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete