Monday 4 February 2013

Todays the Day

Well todays the Day..the launch of Angelica and Friends. The wonderful CD and stamp collection from Crafters Companion is the 4 day deal on Create and Craft TV.

Todays sneaky peek is one of my favourite projects yet but it did take me a solid 13hrs in the craftroom to make it but I was determined to finish it so hubby supplied me with food and drink to keep me going so here it is;



This is a 13 page calendar book. Each month has its own page with its own image on. No image was repeated at all. Each page is its own individual work of art using toppers from the CD and backing papers which I used to back the pages so that each one was coordinated.

I used Centura pearl as the base for each page. All pages were cut out using the largest die from the Grand Labels 1 set from spellbinders. The front cover was made with some backing paper matted and layered onto Coordinations Card after been die cut using the smaller dies from the set. I then mounted  a topper from the CD onto some more coordinations which had both edges punched with a border punch. One of the stunning flowers from the CD was put onto the top left corner with a smaller paper flower on bottom right. A few gems to add some sparkle to finish.

I punched holes in each page using a hole punch and put eyelets into front and back pages for extra strength. Ribbon was then put through and tied in a bow.


Most of the embellishments were from the CD like these paper flowers



Paper roses and bow from CD


Paper rosets and bow from CD



Paper flowers from CD


More paper flowers and an added feather


Paper bow and flower


Paper bow and flower and punched butterflies 


Paper flowers 


Paper flowers




A side view of all the pages


Another view

I must say I am delighted with the finished project and it was well worth all the time spent on it.
I hope you enjoy the shows on Create and Craft and keep a look out for my calendar book xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is fab, Stunning piece of work xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this callendar is fabulous Cath...I love it hun
    Hugz from your newest follower and new teamie, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete