Thursday 24 January 2013

Something very different


At the weekend I was able to have a day of play time due to been snowed in and no crafting design parcels to deal with.

My wonderful husband brought me for christmas "Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities" volume one and two. I am a fan of everything Tim Holtz but never seem to be able to watch the videos etc so the books were perfect as i had time to browse through the books and make a few online purchases so that I could have a play but that time never seemed to come but thanks to the snow I was able to ...........

The books are wonderful and take you through each process step by step so I had a go at creating my own metal looking embellishments using embossing powders, Inking grunge paper with different inks and then over stamping as below;





I then had a play with a tag and tried out the rusted enamel technique which involved inking up the tag with distress ink and then pouring on clear embossing powder but then knocking some off so once melted it would have a few gaps. You then ink over the embossed tag with a brown distress ink working it into the gaps and then wipe away excess with tissue to leave a real aged enamel finish. To this I added some over stamping and then made some great grunge paper flowers;




The final inky play of the day was double distressing.....I firstly embossed a piece of grunge paper in a cogs embossing folder. I then inked over the whole piece working in the ink to the recessed areas. I then used a darker ink pad and rubbed it directly over the raised areas of the paper. This was followed by some ink being applied to my craft sheet and the paper then been dragged across. This gave even greater effect to the raised areas depending on what colours you chose. To finish it was inked around the edges to add some shadow.;


To finish I backed onto black card and then mounted it onto a card blank covered in some steampunk paper from Docrafts which was distressed around the edges. To finish I embossed several cogs cut from grunge paper and stamped and inked a tag to finish.

Well I hope you like my Something different and considering distress was mentioned very frequently I must admit at the end of my play day I felt very relaxed but very inky.

Happy crafting xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment